In June 2021, Alberta Education invited school authorities to submit applications for new funding to develop targeted interventions to address COVID-19 learning disruptions for Grades 1-3 students. This eLeadership guide will examine research about system education leadership during learning disruption and provide opportunities for participants to listen to stories of practice, about targeted interventions to address learning disruption, from a system education leader perspective.
Source: This graphic is adapted from the Continuous Improvement Cycle in the Alberta Education Funding Manual for School Authorities 2022/23 School Year.
Learning Disruptions eLeadership Guide Outcomes
- explore research about system education leadership and consider within the context of learning disruption.
- relate to authentic stories of practice shared by system education leaders about creating growth opportunities for Grades 1 – 3 students to address learning disruption.
- reflect upon research and stories of practice about system education leadership and learning disruption.
- identify resources that support leading initiatives related to learning disruption.
- interpret new ideas for building professional capacity as a system education leader.