The 2022-2023 strategic plan represents the collaborative efforts of the College. Member engagement, in combination with consideration of research and Alberta stories of practice, have informed its development.
Develop an effective, responsive, diverse, and sustainable model of representation within CASS’ governance framework.
Provide coherent and influential communications internally and externally.
- Communicate stories of practice of jurisdictions relevant to broader provincial initiatives;
- Sustain consistent and frequent communications of CASS priorities through zones;
- Track and survey communications of highest importance to the membership and prioritize reporting this information.
Comprehensive and Collaborative Professional Learning
Enhance the growth and succession of system leaders by responding to legislative requirements, recognizing member needs, pursuing certification programming, and expanding participation to school-based leadership groups.
- Enable professional learning to demonstrate the impact of this learning upon practice;
- Create variance in professional learning formats to include:
- Maintaining an inventory of professional learning webinars;
- Providing online learning opportunities;
- Showcasing the success of school authorities in addressing system education leader priorities;
- Demonstrating the impact of jurisdictional approaches upon provincial priorities.
Support for the Public Cause of Education
Work with the Ministry and educational partners to increase public interest in the importance of education.
- Pursue continued assistance from the Ministry in furthering the professional capacity of membership to effectively implement the Business Plan for Education;
- Demonstrate the value that CASS brings to furthering the priorities of the Ministry to the public;
- Sustain strong relationships with the Ministry in order to enhance strategies throughout the provincial education system that will bring optimal learning to students.