Online learning opportunities will be coherent with members’ consistent request to learn from and with one another and provide:
- a provincial opportunity to network and collaborate,
- an opportunity to learn from and with colleagues, and
- an opportunity to frame learning based on the SLQS and LQS competencies.
The program will reflect on current and emergent needs of system education leaders such as:
- professional support, camaraderie, and networking;
- well-being that can occur as a result of being part of a provincial group/network;
- knowledge, skills, attitudes, and actions required at this time, and based on the SLQS/LQS; and
- emergent and forward thinking.
Promising System Education Leadership Practices to
Tuesday, October 24, 2023
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Cost: No Charge
Superintendents and system education leaders sustain a learning culture in school authorities that promote an evidence-based approach and ongoing critical reflection about shared responsibility for student success and continuous improvement. During this session, participants will learn and reflect upon learning disruption and classroom complexity from a system leader perspective. As a result of attending this session, participants will learn about promising system education leadership practices that resulted in Grades 1- 3 student gains in literacy and/or numeracy achievement and will hear Alberta Stories of Practice about how system education leaders use data to inform leading learning in their local context.
- Fort McMurray Catholic Schools (Facilitators & Presentation)
- Danielle Maczko, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Mat Campbell, Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Classroom Complexity Research (CASS)
- Danica Martin, Leadership Consultant
- Edmonton Catholic School Division
- Nicole Lafreniere, Director of Curriculum and Assessment
- Sarah Fedoration, EAL and Languages Manager
- Grande Prairie Public School Division
- James Robinson, Deputy Superintendent of Schools
- Corinne Kruse, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Prairie Rose School Division
- Reagan Weeks, Superintendent
- Boyd Craven, Assistant Superintendent
- Red Deer Public Schools
- Dan Lower, Deputy Superintendent
- Shari Jensen, Numeracy Coordinator
- Sherri Jansen, Literacy Coordinator
|COMPLETED ONLINE LEARNING SESSIONS|