2021 New Members Academy/Mentorship Training
A priority for CASS involves ensuring that our members have both support and the smoothest possible transition to their positions. Accordingly, we have two programs that may be of interest to you.
New Members Academy/Mentorship Training is designed to include opportunities for:
- Active, in-depth consideration of the Superintendent and the Leadership Quality Standards, CASS Code of Professional Conduct (see Appendix II in handbook), research on system improvement, and related leadership issues;
- Interaction with other participants in small-group settings;
- Establishment of future networks;
- Personal growth and development;
- Interaction with education partners such as Alberta Education and the Alberta Teachers Association
- Learning from a variety of resource personnel including current and retired CASS members.
- A clear understanding of the new role including just-in –time support for issues and problems that may arise.
This program is available to all new CASS members. We meet four times during the year, meeting only twice outside of the regularly scheduled conferences in November and March.
Visit Mentorship Program for more information on being a mentor.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or mentee, or are a new member and have questions about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Goals for the CASS Mentorship Program include: creation of a partnership that assists and supports the mentee; regular application of the skills of communicating for understanding, questioning for insight, offering feedback, and supporting and self-managing; and modelling the professional practice standard and competencies.
September 20 (7:00 P.M.) & 21, 2021
Holiday Inn & Suites, Edmonton Airport, 1100 4 St, Nisku, AB T9E 8E2
To reserve, click on this reservation link or call (780) 979-0839 and mention that you are with CASS.